“Every one of my speeches offers tangible leadership takeaways for audience members, helping them to answer the question: What should I do differently on Monday morning?”
Meeting Planners and Professionals
Before Booking Urs
Choosing the right speaker for your event is a crucial and difficult job. To really nail it, your speaker should provide…
- Highly relevant content;
- Inspiration, energy and buzz;
- Plenty of interaction before, during, and after the speech;
- Customization so the message really resonates with your attendees; and
- Tangible, real-life, proven takeaways attendees can implement immediately when back in the office
Urs certainly delivers on all of the above – but is he the right speaker for you?
The best way to find out is with a conversation. Simply click the “Book Urs” button to connect and schedule a call. He will, of course, gladly refer you to some of his past speaking clients.
The top 4 reasons to hire Urs to speak at your event:
- Urs’ speeches draw on his unique combination of leadership experiences as a successful business leader, highly sought-after executive coach, acclaimed ultra-endurance competitor, and military peacekeeping commander. When it comes to the leadership challenges your audience faces, Urs has “been there, done that”!
- Urs’ speeches are full of energy, inspiration, and buzz. However, he is not your run-of-the-mill rah-rah speaker. His speeches are real and deeply personal with a gentle layer of self-deprecating humor and humility.
- Urs understands the importance of tangible, practical takeaways for your audience members. Every one of his speeches offers no-nonsense leadership lessons, helping his audience members answer the question: What should I do differently Monday morning?
- Urs dives deep into his audience’s world. Pre-meeting interviews with attendees and his own in-depth research enable him to truly customize each program. He incorporates industry data, language, and your attendees’ own challenges and success stories to ensure his message is highly relevant and on target.
Urs Koenig Speaker Reel
What military peacekeeping taught me about humility
Urs Peacekeeping Learnings
Some of Urs’ clients include:
- Equity Office
- Vistage International
- Outdoor Research
- CA Technologies
- Seattle University
- U.S. Association for Talent Development
- International Franchise Organization
- U.S. Small Business Association
- Professional Compounding Centers of America
- Port Blakely Companies
- Silver Bay Seafoods
- Washington State Bankers Association
- Bank of the Pacific
- Allen Institute of Brain Science
- Kitsap Bank
- Kitsap Business Association
- 42 Inc
- McHale Associates
- University Mechanical Contractor
- Merriman Inc
“Urs challenged participants to stretch themselves. The group left the meeting energized, full of enthusiasm and with a clear path on how to take the company to the next level. Thanks to Urs, the event exceeded my expectations!”
“Urs’ style is authentic, engaging, and energizing, and the tools he provided in a short time were useful and meaningful. I highly recommend Urs if you are looking for someone who is fresh in his approach. He was the highest rated presenter we had all year!”
“Urs made it personal for those attending and kept the energy high. He is a delight to work with.”
“Urs is a very engaging and inspiring public speaker.”
“On a scale of 1-5 (5 being outstanding), Urs garnered nothing but 4’s and 5’s. Our members commended me for a great useful program (which of course means Urs did a great job) and would like us to have Urs present on another topic.”
“Urs’ sports analogies are extremely helpful in ‘connecting’ with the audience. His audience ratings are among the very highest of any of our speakers. Urs is unquestionably one of the best!”
“Urs is a great example of someone who walks the talk, his enthusiasm is contagious.”
“Urs is not only a master-class leadership consultant, passionate about helping leaders achieve breakthrough personal insights, but he also “walks his talk” and leads by example (…). Humble, wise, and highly effective at what he does, I highly recommend Urs!”
“I have engaged Urs to present a couple of keynote messages to a group of my clients. His message was on target and very well received by the audience. I would recommend Urs as a speaker to any group of business owners who would benefit from hearing best practices in the management of their businesses.”
After Booking Urs
- Urs will be in touch for finalizing the date and location. After you make your 50 percent deposit, the date is officially yours!
- Urs will then schedule a call with you during which he will be asking you questions about your audience’s specific needs. He will also ask you for three people in the audience he could speak to before the event. This will help Urs to customize and personalize his presentation. He will then get to work learning as much as he can about your group.
- A few weeks before your event, Urs will confirm all the travel logistics, cell phone numbers, hotel information, etc. and answer any of your last-minute questions.
The following requirements (okay…requests) will help ensure that your participants enjoy the best possible presentation.
Please do read and follow the requests below. Urs strongly believes that clarity benefits everyone!
- A/V table on stage with laptop, visible clock, and water. Urs must be able to see his laptop during the presentation.
- No podium or lectern. Please have it removed or placed to the side of the stage.
- If at all possible, please arrange seats in a semi-circular pattern, as audiences tend to respond better when they can see each other.
- Ideally, the distance from the stage to the first row of seats/tables should be no more than 10 feet.
- If possible, the screen should be placed to the right side of the stage, from the audience’s perspective. This puts your speaker at the center of the program, rather than the graphics.
- Stage riser: the ideal height is 6″-12″ for audiences of up to 200 people; 12″-24″ for audiences greater than 200. Please allow enough staging area for Urs to move around and bring audience members onto the stage.
- Wireless lavaliere microphone for any group larger than 40 people.
- Urs is prepared to use his own laptop or your AV team’s equipment. If using his laptop, he will need a power supply and an audio out cable.
- Urs uses a wireless slide advancer and is happy to use his own or your AV team’s equipment.
To ensure your audience get the best possible performance, Urs would like to complete a technical check at least 2 hours before the presentation. This typically takes 15 minutes.
Please use only the below introduction for introducing Urs as the speaker:
“Our speaker is here to help us answer the question, What should I do differently on Monday morning?
You and I know, being an effective leader isn’t easy. It takes endurance, self-discipline, the vision to see the broader picture as well as the way ahead, and the ability to communicate that vision to others.
Our speaker today has self-discipline. At 50, he took a hiatus from the successful business he had built to become a commander of military peace keepers. He joined the NATO forces tasked with keeping the peace in former Yugoslavia.
He has endurance. As an athlete, he has finished and won some of the longest, hardest ultra-endurance races on the planet, including the 3000-mile non-stop bike race called the RAAM, or Race Across America.
He has vision. A seasoned leadership expert who has personally coached and mentored more than 500 high-powered executives over the last 20 years, he has helped leaders from virtually every industry identify goals for themselves and their organizations and achieve them.
As for his communication skills, well, just wait until you hear him speak. He will inspire you.
Urs Koenig has achieved all of this while living and working on three continents, working in academia, and being a highly involved dad with his two sons.
Today he’ll make the case that extreme ultra competition and highly volatile peacekeeping operations have something to teach us about winning in our turbulent and uber-competitive world of business.
So, if you’d like a better answer to the question, What should I do differently on Monday morning, ladies and gentleman, I give you Urs Koenig…”