“People ask me: How do you do it? My response is simple: you don’t have to be the most gifted athlete, but you have to be absolutely and utterly relentless about not giving up and putting one foot in front of the other.”
As a highly accomplished ultra-endurance competitor, Urs knows a thing or two about setting goals and overcoming adversity and the mental strength required to keep going when all you want to do is quit.
Your audience will be inspired by stories of hard-fought finish lines and real life, no-nonsense leadership lessons learned the hard way over more than 35 years of winning titles and top rankings in long distance endurance events. Ultra-marathons, adventure races, long-distance ski races, ultra-cycling events, and Ironman triathlons – every challenge Urs has taken on has added to a rich stock of lessons learned.
Most recently in 2017, Urs placed 2nd in the grueling military ‘Dancon March’ among a highly competitive field of soldiers and officers stationed in Kosovo (nearly all of them half his age!)
Excerpt from Urs’ athletic resume:
- 2nd place: 3,000-mile Race Across America (4-person team)
- 1st place and course record: 750-mile Cascade 1,200
- 1st place and course record: Ring of Fire 24-hour race
- 1st place and course record: 2-person, 535-mile Race Across Oregon
- 2nd place: Hoodoo 500-mile race
- 2nd place: 750-mile race Boston-Montreal Boston
- Won three podium places at Swiss cross-country skiing championships
- Won more than 20 international university cross country skiing championship titles in Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland
- Won numerous races in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.A.
- 1st place overall in multi-sport event ‘Big Hurt’
- 2nd place overall in multi-sport event ‘Ridge to River’
- 2nd place overall in ‘Methow Valley Winter Triathlon’